I WENT TO HOGWARTS
IT HAPPENED. I WENT TO HOGWARTS.
iiin Universal Studios Japan but still exciting !!
I thought I’d share my experience with you potterheads, an audience that won’t mind (hopefully) me screaming about it all.
IT WAS ABSOLITELY *MAGICAL* EVERYTHING I HAD EVER HOPED FOR AND MORE AND YES, I SPENT A FULL 6 AND A HALF HOURS THERE
The main area is made to resemble Hogsmeade I started full on crying when I walked. Everything was realistic; from the snow piled on the rooftops to the shop windows lined with Nimbus 2000s and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
- Honeydukes was probably my favourite – chocka block full with sugar quills, chocolate frog and every sweet mentioned I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY THERE AND OH MY GOD THE CAULDRON CAKES.
- The Weasley’s Zonkos was of course scattered with pygmy puffs and the like. It felt so real.
- The Owlery was there in all it’s feathery glory with incredibly life-like hedwigs perched above you ready to take flight at any moment. NOTE: THERE WAS ALSO A MONSTER BOOK OF MONSTERS THAT ACTUALLY TRIED TO ATTACK YOU
- In Ollivander’s there was a brief show where Ollivander chose a visitor (sadly not myself) and did the whole “hmm not quite right…. Hmmmm I wonder…” speech and it was the best best best thing
There were other shops like Madam Puddifoot’s and the wizarding robes but they mostly sold hp merch or were just the outside for decoration – but OML THE ATMOSPHERE WITH HP MUSIC CONSTANTLY PLAYIMG, PERMEATING EVERYTHING IT WAS INCREDIBLE
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was insanely good. You seat itself moved in front of a giant screen for most of it and it felt like you were flying. The whomping willow tries to attack you, spiders and dementors as well. Love love love love loved it.
- The Flight of the Hippogriff was a really short but kinda intense roller coaster – the best part was walking through ‘the forbidden forest’ type area while lining up and seeing Hagrid’s house and motorbike.
- There’s a Triwizard tournament show where the two visiting schools do like a fashion show??? Couldn’t really see but I think that was more of a photo opp
- If you bought a wand people would teach you how to do spells at specific parts of the area where things ACTUALLY MOVE AND YOU SHOULD’VE SEEN THIS KID’S FACE WHEN SHE MADE A DOOR OPEN BY SAYING ALOHOMORA
- I had lunch at the Three Broomsticks where you can have a Hogwart’s feast type luncheon and it’s also attached to the Hog’s Head. Hella cool.
- There’s stands selling cinnamon churros (I think churros are a universal studios thing idk) and GILLYWATER, PUMPKIN JUICE AND PUMPKIN PASTIES AHHHHHH
- AND THE BUTTERBEER TRUCKS – YOU CAN TAKE THE CUPS HOME AND ASKLDJGQWDUNHZ IT TASTES SSOOOOOOOPER SWEET LIKE BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL ON SUGAR HIGH
- There’s a Hogwart’s Express cabin where you can do a lil’ photoshoot and obviously the actual train itself is so impressive with a train officer guy and everything. So. Many. Photos. To. Take.
- You can do a castle walk to look inside the castle which was probably the best part in my opinion. There is an INSANE AMOUNT OF DETAIL in making it feel realistic and omg it felt like I was walking through Hogwarts I mean I was I was I was. From the house point crystal cylinders to Dumbledore’s office with his Pensive and the talking paintings, the fat lady, the stained glass depicting a woman (you know that one that cries in a scene from the rain drops outside). They even had a defense against the dark arts classroom and ohhhh boi I had to take a moment.
- Because it was just before Christmas, there was a light projection show on which was just majestic, the entire castle lit up and transformed into a snow wonderland. Actual magic.
I’m waiting till that day I get to go to the og one in London but the usj was still insane. My dream is to one day work there and drink butterbeer all day, everyday. One day I’ll get there. Maybe with a little bit of magic. xx
I’m so sorry there are no photos – the website said it was too big?